The Library offers various legal research workshops to support students throughout the year.
Hard-copy made easy:-
- How to use Halsbury’s Laws and Halsbury’s Statutes in paper format
- How to find commentary using LexisNavigator, Halsbury’s Laws and Practitioner works in electronic format
Finding case law:-
- How to find case law using Case Analysis and Case Search in electronic format
- How to find legislation using UK Parliament Acts and UK Parliament SIs in electronic format
- How to find legal journal articles using the Legal Journals Index in electronic format
The workshops are designed to support LLB students, GDL students with their Legal Method & PfP assessments and LPC students with their PLR assessments.
The Library also arranges database training and certification workshops with database providers:-
- Online Tutorials available in LexisLibrary Help tab
- Complete a workshop or tutorial and find out how to take the LexisLibrary Certification Test
- LexisLibrary Student Rep: Emem Aylett
- Westlaw Workouts and Online Tutorials available in Westlaw Help tab
- Complete a workshop or workout and find out how to take the Westlaw Certification Test
- Westlaw/Lawtel Student Rep: Kirsty Finlayson
HOW TO BOOK A WORKSHOP OR TRAINING SESSION
The workshops and tutorials are designed to support all law students. Sign-up sheets will be available on My Centre on ELITE.
Take advantage of the online tutorials or webex training if you are unable to attend those scheduled at College.
Complete a database certification test to gain a certificate of competency – a useful addition to any law student’s CV.